Wednesday 4 May 2016

New Mum Skincare

I know what you're thinking before you even begin reading this post: is she kidding? Well, no actually, I'm not.
I've always tried to take good care of my skin, cleansing and moisturising it on a daily basis and exfoliating regularly in the hope that I won't age quite so severely in the future, but nothing prepared me for the effect sleepless nights with a newborn has on your skin. I felt like it was translucent, and not in the beautiful vampire way of the characters in Twilight and the like. So, with our second, I knew I had to up my skincare game and, now that I've given them a good test run, thought I'd share some of my favourites with you in today's post.


The first isn't new, but is definitely one of my favourites: Liz Earle's cleanse and polish and skin tonic. The cleanser is really gentle but effective, while the hot cloth is perfect for waking up tired skin; think hot face towel on the plane and you're in the right ball park. The tonic is great for reviving the skin tone you remember from the days before your newborn arrived and, unlike lots of toners, doesn't dry your skin out.


Next up are two products by No7 that are perfect for giving your skin a moisture boost in and after your shower. Their beautiful skin range is a reasonably new addition and I've been trying the foaming shower oil and pampering dry oil body spray. I was looking for products that would moisturise without taking too long to apple or soak in and these two are just the ticket. Both enable you to target key areas while the combination of oils and vitamins are effective.
Face creams are a personal choice with skin type dictating your pick, but I often find myself rotating between a few favourite brands of which these three are right up there. If you're a regular reader of the blog, you'll already know I'm a Clarins devotee, so it will come as no surprise that their multi-active jour and nuit creams are sitting on my dressing table right now. Well, actually my dressing table has been temporarily converted to a changing area for Holly, so I've had to relocate it elsewhere in the bedroom, but you get my point. The plant extracts Clarins have used in both creams, plus the SPF20 in the day cream, really do pick up tired skin. The hubs and I have been sharing the night cream and it's become as much of our nighttime ritual as waking up for night feeds! Plus, both jour and nuit come in different forms (light, gel, combination etc), so you'll definitely find one to suit you.


Nivea's Q10 plus anti-wrinkle pore refining day cream is an old favourite of mine and No7 protect and perfect serum has become a new one. Both are inexpensive, light, sink in easily which is essential as a new mum!



Finally, back to Clarins again. Their beauty flash balm has been around for a while and has become one of their cult products. It is perfect for the tired skin of new mums and I've found myself reaching for it a lot already! Clarins new booster range is another hit. I've been popping a few drops of their energy booster in with my moisturiser or foundation to undo the effects of little sleep. I love the fact that, much like their radiance plus boosters, this little bullet fits in with your routine.

Share:

5 comments

  1. Thanks for compiling such nicest information in your blogs. Articles are very informative and hope again I’ll find more like that. babygotstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it comes to skincare, we can categorise people in to three groups. The first group of people take excessive care of their skin by using all types of skincare products Beauty makeup tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for products that are the best natural skincare for aging skin, there are some ingredients that you should be looking for specifically in these products. Important site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive root therapy is a solution for your hair loss as it helps to retain , hair growth and have other benefits of onion they provide best onion oil for hair growth .

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig