Monday 15 February 2016

OOTD: Maternity Casual

Valentine's Day was a bit of a different affair this year; with a pup, a little one and another on the way, it was always going to be a family affair, but with a trickier pregnancy this time round we knew we'd be staying close to base. Plus, in our household, sport is king and, with the Six Nations in full swing, it was a stroll to the beach before a relaxing afternoon on the sofa. An ideal opportunity for a maternity casual OOTD post.


This one's been waiting for a while: I've been getting my wear of these Belly Bandit leggings since Christmas but, as I like to include my own images, I've been stumped time and time again to get the post done.
Comfort is crucial and these leggings deliver, whether you wear them over or under your bump. At 31 weeks, I prefer the support of over the bump and, unlike lots of maternity clothes, they fit well from early on as they are designed for all stages of pregnancy and afterwards. 


I couldn't resist putting this pic in where the pup photobombed me (and added a cheeky paw mark to my clean leggings)!


The leggings are a little sheer over the derriere (I haven't found any that aren't, to be honest), so I always team them with long tops. One of my favourite combinations is a basic long sleeved top with my Tommy Hilfiger houndstooth waterfall coatigan. It's last season, and saw me through pregnancy no.1, but they have several similar cardigans that I'd be equally as tempted by if I didn't love this one so much. It's heavy and thick enough to wear as a jacket, although I popped my trusty navy parka over as it always gets a bit nippy on the seafront.


I'm a bit addicted to wooly hats (much to the hubs' bemusement) and I have several Amelia Jane pom pom hats, but yesterday it was the turn of this ivory one. Unlike lots, they sell faux fur which gives them a huge tick in my box and the detachable pom pom comes in different colours. I wrote about them in one of my first posts, if you want to take a closer look.


After finishing my green tea, it was time for us to take the pup on to the beach to enjoy some ball time in the low-tide, so my trusty Hunters were a must.


Whatever you did for Valentine's, I hope it was a good one (the mood was high in our house after England's win in Rome) and, that my OOTD post has given you some ideas for casual, comfy maternity dressing.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig